There are no words

Over the last few days, I have heard that phrase many times and it's the truth.  There are no words.  No words to say.  No words to think. No words to feel.  These last few days have been some of the most heartbreaking, hard, and humbling experiences of my life.  My heart aches for my cousins as they have traveled and are still traveling a very difficult road.  But the hope that has permeated their beings as they have gone through this is a gut check.

This morning's lesson was on the power of prayer and what the aspects of the Lord's Prayer are.  What I have learned this week is that there are no words to pray when you are faced with a situation as they have been facing.  Every time they have been brought to mind (which is constant) or I would get woken up with an urgency to pray, I would.  At one point, words simply wouldn't come.  I could only pray "Thy will be done" but took comfort in Romans 8:26.  It says simply "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words:".  See, when we don't have the words, the Spirit intercedes for us with the words to pray.

This little boy, who lived such a short and hard life here on earth, was literally prayed for every second of his life.  How do I know this?  Because the amount of people all over the United States and parts of the world, were touched by his story and his parents.  God, in His infinite wisdom, woke me up multiple times a night to pray.   Multiple cups of coffee and a very understanding boss got me through the work day.  I also know that He did that with multiple people.   Beyond to say, that Maverick's own parents were praying constantly for him.  There were pray vigils at the hospital by the people in their life group at church.

How do you provide comfort for someone who lost a child? Beyond the supernatural, there isn't any.  The only way to "get through" something like this is faith.  Faith in a God who is in complete and total control.  We are only here for a short while, but during that journey, if we don't know or have a relationship with the One that created this world, then nothing that happens makes sense, or can we find a peace that passes all understanding.  Only through God can we even start to process.

While I may never know why this side of heaven, God chose to take this little man who has made such an impact on my life.  He was someone I was so excited to meet and love on as only a family member can.  His arrival was highly anticipated.  I remember when I found out about his impending arrival and how excited I was. It's been a while since we had a baby in our family! However, God has a different plan.  I won't meet him here, but I have hope in the fact that I will see him one day.

Maverick Lazarus, you were and are immensely loved.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

For these children...

Starting up!