How did I get here?

This question was asked recently in my life group on Sunday morning.  It's something that I have been thinking about since then.  The last five months have been life changing in many ways. I have been asked recently what I have been doing as I look healthier, am smiling more, and have more of a peace about me. It's amazing what you can accomplish if you just have faith.  The Daniel plan has completely changed the way I think, the way I eat, the way I live, everything!  I am at a place in my life where I look in the mirror and I actually like the person staring back at me.  For so many years, I pretended to like her because I was supposed to.  I was somebody that was told I had worth.  I just didn't believe it.  Because of this journey that I have been on, I know not only in my head that I am worthy, but I know in my heart where my worth is found.

So, how did I get here?  Lots of prayer, both by me and by my prayer warriors, on a daily basis.  Delving into God's word on a daily basis. Lots of sweat, lots of support when I really wanted a milkshake, lots of tears, lots of hard work and most importantly, lots of faith.  I had to step out in faith to accomplish my goals. I still have to step out to accomplish my goals.  I am not where I want to be but I am closer!  I know I can't do it on my own.  I need the support of my family and friends.  But that's the beauty of this life.  We are not made to be alone.  God has given us the people to do life with.  Through good times and bad, highs and lows, and just everyday life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

10 years.... 6 weeks

Starting up!