Make Me...

Make me broken so I can be healed, Cause I'm so calloused and now I can't feel, I want to run to you; with heart wide open, Make me broken


Til You are my one desire, til You are my one true love,Til You are my breath, my everything, Lord, please keep making me

Have you ever had a song that you hear once, and it takes root inside of you?  It starts to permeate your soul, until it takes over.  You hear it and it moves you, it strengthens you, it tears you apart, it heals you, it speaks to you in ways that mere words cannot.  

There is a song that is living inside of me right now.  It's not a pretty song.  In fact, it is a hard song.  It asks a lot of you.  It's not a song that is a feel happy song.  It tears you apart, it destroys you, it makes you think, it makes you thirst.  

I believe there are times that God puts these things in your life to have you evaluate what is going on, to take a look at your life and get pruned.  This song is one of them. It's Sidewalk Prophets "Keep Making Me".  See the song here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwYv6yMuPaA  

There is a verse that says "Make me lonely so I can be Yours, 'Til I want no one more than You Lord 'Cause in the darkness I know you hold me, make me lonely".  Talk about a sucker punch.  I have been going through a bout of "why me, Lord" You know... why don't I have, why don't I get... and then... I heard this song on the radio on my way home from work one day.  The first words grip you, and then it gets to the second verse.  Make me lonely... the exact opposite of what I had been saying to the Lord.  Fortunately, I had just pulled into my drive because the tears just poured down.  That became my prayer.  Lord, make me broken, make me lonely.  These are not easy words to pray.  Trust me.  I want to take them back all the time.  However, the part where it says "in the darkness, you can hold me" brings hope. It brings comfort.

This song is pruning me.  Pruning is not something that is easy to go through.  It hurts.  It leaves you raw.  It takes the dead parts and removes them to allow for new growth.  The Bible speaks of this refining.  In Isaiah 48: 10 it says, "Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction"  This does not sound like a fun process.  It's not.  It is not supposed to be.  It takes the broken, the dead, the rotten and makes room for new growth, for rebirth.

While the process is painful at times, the end result is worth it.  That is, if you allow the Holy Spirit to do His job and not try to change the process to suit your desires.  The Father allows for the pruning to take place to strengthen you.  

This is where I am right now.  Make me broken, make me lonely, make me empty...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

10 years.... 6 weeks

Starting up!