Quiet

The most dreaded words any single person hears...

Why aren't you dating anyone?  Are you looking?  You should try finding someone.  A pretty girl like you shouldn't be alone.

UGH!!!  Stop.  Just stop.  Do you really think I haven't tried it all?  Online dating, looking around my church, everything.  No, I am not too picky.   Your advice is not wanted, nor really welcome.  So just stop.  There is a reason why God made me single and after this weekend, I appreciate it all the more.

This weekend, I did a lot of nothing.  I mean, basic chores around the house like laundry, putting clothes away, running the sweeper, dusting.  But the majority of the time, I sat on my couch cuddling with my dog and watched Netflix.  I had a great weekend.  One I probably wouldn't have been able to have if I wasn't single.

See, here is something very few people know about me.  I am an introvert.  Notice I didn't say shy, I said introverted.  That means I recharge best in quiet and by myself.  No, it doesn't mean that I don't like people or being around them.  I am one of the lucky ones where I don't have a lot of social anxiety, but I do know a lot of people that struggle with it.  The last month and a half, I have been going.  Whether it is full blown at work, then runnng over to someone's house, or church, or something else going on to visiting family to any multitude of activities and endless social engagements.  I haven't had any time by myself and this week at work, I was easily frustrated, I felt as if I was crawling out of my skin.  My own skin felt so tight on me that I was extremely uncomfortable.  I needed this weekend by myself.  I needed the chance to feel human again.  I needed to refresh and relax and simple be still.

So while there are times when I am lonely, there are more times when the absolute quiet is what is needed to recharge my battery.  I now feel as if I can go to work tomorrow and be really productive, then rush to church for VBS.  I know it will be a while before I have an opportunity to simply be quiet and alone and I have treasured every moment of it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

Season of Thanksgiving

Starting up!