Sleepless in Charlotte

It's 3:30 AM and I can't sleep.  My dog is snoring beside me, but I am wide awake.  I woke up suddenly and couldn't get back to sleep.  It's like my brain decided to go into overdrive the moment my body was awake.  One of my favorite people found out some news yesterday and my heart hurts for her.  Another had a tough situation to deal with this week. Another is preparing for a rough road ahead.  I have a major headache to deal with.  This week we were chatting and our conversation went from the insane to completely open and honest with each other.   I had to stop and praise God that He gave each of us this safe place to truly share one another's burdens without fear of gossip, or judgement, or condemnation.  But to share all of us with each other.

Maybe that's why I can't sleep.  I need to cover them with more prayers.  I am grateful that I can boldly go to the throne and take these burdens to Him.  In 1st Peter, He says cast your cares on Him.  Each week, I hear prayer requests from many people, but they are never for themselves.  It's always someone close to them that is hurting, going through a difficult time, in need of something.  While that is not a bad thing, who prays for us? I know who prays for me.  I know who knows me, and understands me.  I thank God daily for those people.  Having people who know my downfalls, my struggles, my feelings is what makes this life bearable. I hurt when they hurt.  I struggle with them.  While I may not have the same experiences as them, or understand exactly what they are going through, I know the One who does.  So this morning, I am being forced to go to Him.  He woke me up.

Thinking about this week and all that we have experienced together makes me even more grateful for the people I do life with.  We've each had something that happened to us, yet I know that they are praying for me even while they are going through their own struggle.  About this time last year, I was going through some really hard things.  So were they.  But I know their prayer and support and encouragement is what helped to shelter me in that storm. Life isn't about rainbows and unicorns.  It's hard.   It's dirty. It's not supposed to be.  It's a sin sick world.   But this morning, there is peace in knowing that this isn't the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

10 years.... 6 weeks

Starting up!