Promise

The start to 2015 has been a slow one.  After celebrating last night with some of my favorite people by playing trivial pursuit (girls against guys), watching the ball drop, and just getting involved in each other's lives, I got home around 2.  The last few years I hadn't even made it until midnight. I had been in the bed by 10 and it was just a normal day.  There's something about mixing things up that give a promise of something different.  The last few years have been hard, but with the sun shining, the crisp air as I ran this morning, and the silence around me, I can't help but think that this year is full of promise.


I've never been big on resolutions.  Those have always seemed too general and unobtainable.  I have a few goals that I have set for myself this year.  The first is to complete the entire couch to 5K app training.  This app sets a pace every day to go from no activity to running a 5K.  It was a brisk 40* this morning and I wasn't able to take my running partner so that part of it stunk.  However, taking that first step is always daunting, but I am excited to start this journey.


My second goal is to enjoy the time I have with my friends as well as the time I am alone.  Being single sometimes stinks.  There isn't someone to share each day with, there isn't someone to lean on, support, cheer on.  However, since I am single, I can either wallow in it or appreciate it.  Since all of my friends are married, I hear how lucky I am to have quiet moments.  So, I am going to enjoy my time alone.  I have the wonderful opportunity to simply be still.  My goal is to enjoy those times that I am still, focus on my blessings, and not think about what I don't have.



Beyond those two things, this year is my 20th high school reunion (man... that makes me feel so old!) How is that possible!  It doesn't seem like 20 years have gone by since I graduated high school! 


 So,this year is about embracing where I have been placed. While it is not where I ever thought I would be at 38, this year has started out with a promise!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiness

10 years.... 6 weeks

Starting up!